Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meditation....Hmmmm

Meditation ... hmmmm

  I am completely on board with the concept of gratitude and positive thinking.  I have learned that dealing with any situation from a place of love is another way to do life better.    But I also believe that we need to know ourselves, we can't be renters in our own bodies.  We need to be in touch and connected living honestly not with dilutions. I believe meditation is one of getting there.  

  But this is where I struggle because it involves quieting my mind...oh boy, no easy feat!  I have said many times it's like an episode of hoarders in there.  I am determined to get to a quiet and clear place. 

  Today I tried to meditate.  I know success doesn't come right away soooo baby steps are ok.  First I try to find a quiet time in my home.  Then 5 a.m. it is!   I decided to try laying down and letting the weight of my body go, let the mat take my weight.  Next I focus on nice images, ocean, palm tree, a huge closet with thousands of flip flops and great bags!  Ok, back to the palm tree because the bags lead to to many other distracting thoughts. Just the palm tree now with a hint of a breeze.  Add a sunset behind and some white sand.  A silhouette of a bird in flight in the distance, and then it happens....."we need eggs."  The palm tree is gone so is the sunset and it took the bird and I'm trying remember where I put the dry cleaning slip and I am suddenly worried that I have an item ending on ebay, ugh!  It was a quick decent into a shopping list, a growling stomach and visions of k-cups, news and email.  But the good news is, I felt good. It was a start and I will not give up.  Tomorrow I will try again, maybe even later today.  I will find a quiet place in my head! I am important and my mental and physical state are very important.  I can't be there for anybody if I can't be there for myself! I am thankful for any peace I find no matter how brief, no matter how small.


elle      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join me in a conversation...